Buck Foundation Grant Application Calendar (Grant Cycle):
January 2 Letter Of Inquiry (LOI) link live on the website
February 15 Letter Of Inquiry closes
March 31 Applicants alerted if they are advancing to the full application or declined
Full Application link sent by April 1 (due May 15)
August 1 Applicants alerted if they will be awarded or declined
August 15 Awards completed
THE 2022 BUCK FOUNDATION GRANT CYCLE IS NOW UNDERWAY. PLEASE CHECK BACK WITH US IN JANUARY 2023 FOR NEW INQUIRIES.
The Buck Foundation awards grants only to 501(c)(3) organizations and non-governmental agencies. The Buck Foundation will not accept grant requests from individuals, for endowments, or for capital campaigns. The Foundation supports climate action initiatives and community-led social justice initiatives.
The Buck Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations from qualified organizations in Colorado.
The Buck Foundation makes both General Operations Support grants and Program Specific grants. General Operating Support provides unrestricted funding to help support and maintain an organization as it pursues its mission. This type of grant is flexible and gives the grantee the ability to use the funds where they are most appropriate. If you are requesting a General Operating Support grant you will be required to describe how the funds to be utilized. For Program Specific grants you will be expected to describe what the grant will be used for along with a program budget.
What We Do Not Fund
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, except to serve a historically disadvantaged group
- Debt retirement
- Activities, projects, or programs that will have been completed before funding becomes available (no retroactive funding)
- Endowments, or other reserve funds
- Capital campaigns
- Membership or affiliation campaigns, dinners, or special events
- Conferences, symposia, film and video production, and related travel
- Grants that further political doctrine or religious activities
- Grants to individuals
- Scholarships or sponsorships
- Grants to parochial or religious schools or private schools
- Requests from individual schools or departments/programs of universities or colleges
- Requests from foundations/organizations that raise money for individual schools that have not coordinated the request with their central school district/university administration or fundraising arm
- Grants for re-granting purposes
- Multi-year funding requests (Please note: the Buck Foundation, on rare occasions, provides grantees with multi-year grants. However, organizations cannot request such funding)